Thursday 16 January 2014

Dragonfly Love

Zig zag it flies I hear the wings whirr 
I look up and see a graceful dragonfly
Flying in through the open windows
Wings translucent blue shimmering
With flashing glints of diamond pink 
A purple crown on its regal black head 
Then a sawing buzz that falters shivers
It sees me and my 3D silent feelings 
The little dragon somehow knows I am kin
It buzzes against the closed sliding doors
Climbing up the light white curtains 
Looking for a place to land and sigh
Does the gauzy lace material remind it
Of days and dimples long past?

-Anne V


1 comment:

Susie Clevenger said...

Beautiful...I am fascinated by dragonflies. Beautiful piece..especially the ending.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.