Sunday 28 May 2006

Happy Birthday Daddy

I know you miss mummy, I know the pain will never go away
I know you always say that when she died You died too
And that your soul flew to heaven while your shell body remained behind

We love you, we celebrate you, and we are here, shells, souls, and all
And it ain't over till the fat lady sings
And daddy darling, I'm the only fat one here and I ain't singing

So...can the shell, you and I please celebrate your birthday today?
And please, no thoughts of dying for now
We have guests coming

We all need to pop off sometime
Let's just have fun and be merry whilst we are here
on this parched earth

Let us water it with our love, with our hopes
with our music, and yes,
all that remains of our joy


Anne Varghese (2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.