Saturday 29 November 2003

Figment [O God, Thou be Psychotic]

We are only figments of God's imagination. My Dad once humourously suggested the same to me. But think about it for a moment, if this were true, it explains a whole lot doesn't it.

If we cannot hope to understand God's ways and to some of us His ways seem psychotic...then how on earth are we to understand the workings of God's imagination.

Then you get the general idea. All hope abandon ye who enter here... it is better to blindly believe than to question. For to question the workings of God brings about a vast mental diorama of doubt, despair and deathwishes....

Dante definitely got it down pat [See his 12 lines below]. However, the divine comedy is not that there is a hell, but that God in his infinite love for the creatures he created, created Hell to put us all in there if we failed his stringent entrance exams for his heavenly home...

Through me you pass into the city of woe:
Through me you pass into eternal pain:
Through me among the people lost for aye.
Justice the founder of my fabric mov'd:
To rear me was the task of power divine,
Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.
Before me things create were none,
Save things Eternal, and eternal I endure.
All hope abandon ye who enter here.
Such characters in colour dim I mark'd
Over a portal's lofty arch inscrib'd:
Whereat I thus: Master, these words import

[O God, Thou be Psychotic]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.