Monday 22 December 2014

An Invisible Flash In the Night (a silent prayer behind the Light)

An Invisible Flash In the Night (a silent prayer behind the Light)

Far from the maddening crowd
the future stands smiling
And yet I shiver and crouch
in these cold pressing shadows
Do I deserve any time in the sun?
Will the robin red breast
come a-calling if I sing?

Far from the beckoning gestures
my brother and sister give
in word and deed
Calling me to be all I can be
for everyone's sake -
every life for itself
the path is drawn
I stand here
and as they keep striding on
further and further ahead
on their brick road
Will that road rise up to greet me
if I start running towards them three?

Far from the silvery hairs
gleaming on my father's jawline
I think of what I am meant to be
if I am no longer his keeper
Apart from being the spare to the heir
and everyone's
optimistic dancing bear
Will the lady of the skies
answer my longing stares
at her morning face

The very idea
of a universe without
my father's face, faith and hope in it
Makes my brain shiver
and shriek screams
that cannot be heard by human ears
Who are you to ask me to think
of a future without him,
you Judas of my home?
Have you seen
the paths we have trod on together,
have you seen
his faith in me?

No one else has that.

Far from the shrinking daylight
the fading past
throws me a bloodily frayed rope
A black hunting shadow
sounds a throaty barking
as it sends a final lasso calling
Do I deserve
to escape its gallow-like bellows
as they thrill me with shivers?
Will my feet
answer with quicksilver speed
and protect me
from its unforgiven pull?

No else can do that.

Answer me o Angel of Salahin,
Saul and Michael.
And Gabriel, one hopes.
I have tried to be all I can be
within the boxes you set
and the lines you draw
Must I try again and again
despite secretly aiming
for the centre of the earth?
Will thy wings lift me up
into the heavenly winds or
scatter my smithereens
on the rocks?

Tell me.



Anne V (9 September 2014)
(Excerpts from The Cavern)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.