Friday 4 September 2015

A seaworthy memorare (Of ocean-sprays and jigsaws)


As I sat facing the open sea, 
alone always alone
Waves crashing earnestly on the beach 
in surround sound
I felt your warm briny soul 
reach out to me tingling
Arising from vapours 
in the midnight sea breezes
A smoky caress from a shooting star 
falling in the water
Do you see the self-critique 
peeling away from my vulcanized heart?
Sheets of black blood 
flowing through the ocean sprays?
Unfinished. Alone. Raw. 
The seas wash it all away, 
all that self-hate
This dusty universe 
that contains all the souls of the dead
Ocean-sprays that shoot their antidote 
in my eyes and nose
Death and rebirth by salty water 
is the next adventure is it not?
Why don't you have it in the seas, 
your coming of age, 
your pre mid-life crisis?
The final and the first Amen 
to a life spent blowing jets of hope
Into the dry dirtily demanding land-winds 
that heed you not
Here it comes, 
Neptune's jagged emerald sword 
crashes over your head
A memorare, 
a jigsaw that drums out 
the mermaid soul you were born to have


Anne V

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.