Saturday 20 April 2013

Post 19: Pencil 8B

I am behind again in my posting, as I have been a little busy. More importantly, I misplaced my favourite pencil. It is a thick 8B pencil that I normally use for sketching, but it also helps when I want to write write write. It is the only pencil that really helps the words flow out like a river. Days later I won't remember that I even wrote what I see in my journal. Sometimes the writing instruments bring out the creativity, am I right? Those of you who know me will also know that I am such a stationery nut. So....here is a love ode to my pencil. My contribution for Day 19 of NaPoWriMo.


NaPoWriMo 2013

See this mark I make
Softly yet firmly
Against the page
Thick black mark
On this paper so grainy
The words glow
So softly, so smoothly
Helping the writing flow
Dark against this page
So very dark, so creamy
Thick black nib so sensual
Long hard tip it's almost physical
Deeply it presses against the page
Helping me write out my rage
Helping me show you
The thoughts I feel inside
The images that must take flight
For you and for everyone to see
I love you Pencil 8B

-Anne The Obscure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.