Sunday 14 November 2004

Charms To Soothe A Savage Beast

And I am so savage right now. Savage with the pains in my shoulder, in my elbow, in my knee, in my ankle. Everything is thrumming and my painkillers are in the living room. It's too far away. And there are visitors there who turned up unexpectedly and have not left after more than 5 hours in my living room. They have eaten lunch, they have drunk tea, they have watched CNN, 2 movies and spoken about my general marriageability.

Bloody women. Why don't they go harrass one of my cousins instead???

These ancient women think that arranged marriages are still the norm! Little do they know that my dad escaped India to avoid the whole arranged marriage phenomenon and married my mother in a very Dharma n Greg wedding ( very, very romantic but that's another blogpost, ya).

Pbttpppphhhh! Pbbbtttphhh!!!!!
(That was me sticking my tongue out at them. Twice. If only they could see me with my purple-hued raspberry-lozenged tongue.)

Thank God Dad is keeping them at bay.

Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.

Grrrr... I need painkillers. PAINKILLERS!!!!


Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.


Thank God my dad is such a liberal, and will not make me get married just because it's time to, just because he wants grandkids. Thank goodness he believes in letting young people do what they want, when they want. Thank goodness he is not those annoying women out in the living room. Thank goodness he's home and is keeping the wolves at bay.

Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning the pain awayyy...

What's that?? How to zen the pain away you say?
"Music Hath Charms To Soothe The Heart Of a Savage Beast."

And I am so savage right now, if I went out to the living room, I cannot promise myself that I would not be rude to my unwelcome, unwanted, uninvited and unexpected guests.

WHO KNOW that I am ill.
WHO KNOW that I did not want visitors.
WHO KNOW that I am normally extremely sociable and extroverted, and for me to say I could not handle visitors meant that I really was under the weather.

WHO KNOW that I said to come visit next Sunday instead of today.
But WHO instead decided to pop over merrily because it was CONVENIENT FOR THEM!
WHO instead decided that their wishes were and are more important than mine.
WHO felt on some subliminal level that I was faking my injuries or pretending to be injured just so I did not have to be under their marriageability microscope.

Utter nonsense.

What about me? I don't mean to be self-absorbed, but when I am ill and not at my best, I usually like to crawl into a little hole and be left to my own devices. I do not want to have to entertain, to pretend that things are not hurting, to act like everything's fine with the world when it isn't, and to generally pretend that I am Martha Stewart (pre-criminal indictment days of course). I don't want to have to get out of my pajamas (the one with flying pigs on them, I kid you not). I don't want to have to comb my hair. I don't want to have to put on my underwear. I just want to be able to get well, without people coming to my house to gab to my dad about my marriageability. Dumb tossers.

But still I KNOW I cannot go out to the living room to get my medication which is sitting merrily on the coffee table, because I will definitely be rude and make some sarcastic remarks to these annoying acquaintances, which will embarrass my dad, and which in turn will make me miserable. Because the last thing I want to do is to make my dad unhappy. Me telling off guests to our home, is bound to do that. Because he definitely brought me up to be better than that. So here I slouch typing one-handedly to take my mind off the unpleasant throbbing of injured bodyparts.

Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.
Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.

Music... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... zenning it away already...


Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it. Zenning it.


Here's my personal playlist...

Neutiquam Erro's Personal Playlist

  1. The Devil Went Down to Georgia - performed by The Charles Daniels' Band
  2. Boom Boom Boom- performed by Rare Blend
  3. Sealed With a Kiss - performed by Seal
  4. Sadness- by Enigma
  5. Sweet Emotion - by Aerosmith
  6. A Rose in the Wind - by Anggun
  7. With Arms Wide Open - by Creed
  8. My Sweet Lord - by The Beatles
  9. Exploder - by Audioslave
  10. Soul In Me - by Ferhad
  11. More Than Words - by Extreme
  12. At Last - by Etta James
  13. Sunny Came Home - by Shawn Colvin
  14. I Turn To You - by Christina Aguilera
  15. Where My Heart Will Take Me - by Russell Watson
  16. Bohemian Rhapsody - by Queen
  17. Can't Take My Eyes Off You - by Lauryn Hill
  18. I Can't Break Away - by Big Pig
  19. Son of a Preacher Man - by Dusty Springfield
  20. Flowers On the Wall - by the Statler Brothers
  21. Jumper - by 3rd Eye Blind
  22. Uninvited - by Alanis Morrisette (veeeerrrryyy apt, hmmmm?? ...heheh heheh heheh)
  23. Kiss The Rain - by Billie Myers
  24. She - by Elvis Costello
  25. When You Say Nothing At All - By Ronan Keating
  26. Concerto in F Major (Allegro) - Vivaldi
  27. And On a Rainy Night - by Shawn Mullins
  28. Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon - by Urge Overkill
  29. Come Away With Me - by Norah Jones
  30. You Make Me Feel Like A Natural Woman - by Aretha Franklin
  31. Ain't No Mountain High Enough - by Marvin Gaye
  32. Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone - by Bill Withers
  33. Wishing It Was - by Santana featuring Eagle-Eye Cherry
  34. Give Me Strength - by Eric Clapton
  35. December - by Collective Soul

And now I'm Zen Inc.
Peace and love to everyone,
(*****trumpets sound, drumroll, cymbals clash*****)
even those annoying women outside...

But hey now...
...they have gone!

Finally!
...It's about time!

Drugs...oooh drugs..
Hmm... actually it does not hurt so much already.




"Music Hath Charms to Soothe A Savage Beast and Unbend a Knotted Oak."

I wonder who said that. I give him or her big props for knowing what he/she was talking about.

Music... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Blissful sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.