Thursday 4 April 2013

Post 4: Jugular Electricity

NaPoWriMo 2013

I met you tonight under a cloudless sky
No one knew that we were friends
Not even you

No one knew that I was meeting you
For the first time tonight
No, not even you

We smiled and we laughed
We cracked jokes and we giggled
As if we had done this coffee thing before

Coffee turned into Pimms No. 1 for me
And you with your fabulously
sophisticated drink

You are every bit as nice in 3D
As you are on social media
Nicer if it were possible

Cloudless skies and starry streaks
Moonlit nights warmed from above
Will henceforth remind me of you

My heart has been dancing happily
Jugular leaps across the synapses
And now I can't sleep, can I?

-Anne The Obscure




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.