Saturday 24 August 2019

Nonsense Rhymes #113



The stars they stare down at me

As I decide to walk down the alley

It is a shortcut to the car park

I hear the footsteps approaching

A long shadow floats
Dressed all in black
I am sure I have melted into the night
I cannot be seen
Just as the footsteps come upon me
I turn around

and give a bloodcurdling yowl
And the shadow falls down

with a howl

I hear his ankles crack

I frightened him
Dressed all in black

What a sight
I am the vampire

That has melted into the night


Anne V (2019)

3 comments:

Ostensible Truth said...

Quickening pace and twisty twists , the foreshadowing palpable

Anne V said...

thanks my dear O.T. ! been gone for 2 years from the blogosphere as well!

Ostensible Truth said...

We often need that little pause, but nice to know it's always waiting!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.