Saturday 18 June 2016

Prose That Goes Nowhere (After 5.00am)

The silence gets to me first
The lack of anyone else breathing
The sound of my own thoughts
Loudly comes the clanging in my head
Then I realize that this is the life I chose.
Complaints of sleep deprivation
and lack of time to do the necessary
Causes one to lose the custody
Of that which is precious
One's daddy dearest gone eccentric
The remaining parental unit left
and one's sole companion
Surrendered to the BU three
Of brother, sister in law & lil niece
Death is the next adventure
Maybe it comes too soon
Maybe it come not at all
Maybe it lives in my snot
As I finish another 3 hour session
of tears and transcriptions.
Hugging my coffee cup
It is the only thing
in this empty apartment
That shares its warmth with me
Damn cats think I am being eaten
by crows and alligators
When the tears spring out at 3am.
Maybe if I superglue
all five of them together
And recite some furball incantations
They will turn into the affectionate dog
I always wanted and could not have
But whither
the five kitteh furballs goeth
If I do that?
Do I get them back after the spell?
Will the local council
confiscate my cat-dog then?
No dogs in apartments, hey.
Maybe there is a spell
To make him shape-shift
Between 1 big dog and
5 itteh bitteh kittehs...
Random segueway
What in the hell am I writing here?
Snap out of this shit, eh?
Get thy act together dumbass
And go get one's father back
[R2D2 beeps. Lightsaber clicks.]
Lightning zap
*drops mike*
Anne the Obscure

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.