Wednesday 12 April 2006

Thumbing Everything

I remember you, I remember your right hand, your little pink cute thumb
It used to plant roses so red, and hibiscus all pink, orange and yellow
You used to make everyone so happy, life was green, purple, red and cheery

I remember you, I remember your thumb
It used to rub the soot off my cheek, and mud off the corner of my brow
Especially when I had been playing all day with my big naughty brother, in the sun

I remember you, I remember your thumb
Round, and fat and short it was, the shortest ever, Daddy called it a chef's thumb
For it could do wonders in the kitchen, satisfy everyone's tummy and then some

I remember you, I remember your thumb
It used to cook me curries and buns, sweets, cakes and jelly
Everything I wanted and more, for a hug and a kiss and a penny

I remember you, I remember your thumb
And all the rest of you, curly hair, melting brown eyes, dimpled cheeks and lilting hum
Joy, peace, warmth and love personified, you were the answer, my love,

...to everything.


Anne Varghese (3.30 am, 12th October 1999)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting. I am deeply moved that you took the time to give me your comments and feedback. Much love. Bless.